Serial Cable Assembly
Most new PCs sold today no longer have the 9 pin serial port. A serial to USB converter found in most Office Supply Stores can convert a USB port for this purpose.
- Toolkit – Testing GRIDlink locally
- Toolkit – Serial Connection
- Toolkit – Installing Latest Version on your PC
- Show DHCP Status – Toolkit
- Set Ethernet Port to DHCP – Toolkit
- Serial Connection DB9 to RJ45
- Serial Cable Assembly
- Finding MAC Address in Toolkit
- Ethernet Connection – Toolkit
- Configure RS485 Serial Port for Modbus RTU
Using the RJ45 to RS232 converter, connect an CAT5e patch cable to the USB converter. Your cable should look like this:.