Ethernet Connection – Toolkit
- If you are unable to determine the GRIDlink IP Address then it is recommended to connect by serial cable using the DB9-RJ45 converter provided. See link
- If you wish to connect by Ethernet and do not know the IP address, open GRIDview and see the IP address in the upper right as shown. In this case it is 10.252.242.54
- Note GRIDlinks are shipped DHCP unless otherwise ordered. You should plug GRIDlink into an open DHCP network to insure connectivity.
- Toolkit – Testing GRIDlink locally
- Toolkit – Serial Connection
- Toolkit – Installing Latest Version on your PC
- Show DHCP Status – Toolkit
- Set Ethernet Port to DHCP – Toolkit
- Serial Connection DB9 to RJ45
- Serial Cable Assembly
- Finding MAC Address in Toolkit
- Ethernet Connection – Toolkit
- Configure RS485 Serial Port for Modbus RTU
Open Tool kit.
Next Select : Device / Select…
Select the radio button “Use Ethernet”
Enter the IP Address that was discovered as shown.
Demonstrating a connection between Toolkit and the GRIDlink
Select: Operations / Test I/O
At the bottom of the pop-up, the TD & RD LEDs should be blinking alternately indicating communication with the GRIDlink.
If there is no activity, this will time out with an error after a minute or so.
Go to trouble shooting PC Connection.