Serial Cable Assembly for Sixnet IPm
Cable assembly for RS232 communications with all Sixnet / Red Lion IPm Series RTUs.
Install USB Driver
A driver from Red Lion must be installed on your PC in order for the cable to operate properly.
PCs sold today no longer have the 9 pin serial port. A serial to USB converter found in most Office Supply Stores can convert a USB port for this purpose.
DB9 to RJ45 converters are shipped with your GRIDlink
One is prewired for this and 2 are configurable. For pin out information go here …
Using the RJ45 to RS232 converter, connect an CAT5e patch cable to the USB converter. Your cable assembly should look like this.
- Toolkit – Testing GRIDlink locally
- Toolkit – Installing Latest Version
- Show DHCP Status – Toolkit
- Set Ethernet Port to DHCP – Toolkit
- Serial Connection DB9 to RJ45
- Serial Connection – Toolkit
- Serial Cable Assembly for Sixnet IPm
- Serial Cable Assembly
- Finding MAC Address in Toolkit
- Ethernet Connection – Toolkit